As the Transition Programme for Innovation without the use of animals covers several policy areas, six ministries have joined forces to promote this transition:
- The Ministry of Health, Welfare and Sport keeps a keen eye on opportunities and developments in the health care sector, as well as on regulatory risk and safety assessments.
- The Ministry of Defence examines medical countermeasures.
- The Ministry of Infrastructure and Water Management focuses on risk and safety assessments of chemicals.
- The Ministry of Education, Culture and Science promotes scientific excellence.
- The Ministry of Economic Affairs and Climate Policy stimulates innovation.
- Within the policy areas of the Ministry of Agriculture, Nature and Food Quality, animal studies are conducted in the fields of plant protection, food safety and livestock farming.
The Ministry of Agriculture, Nature and Food Quality is in charge of the Transition Programme for Innovation without the use of animals. A programme agency facilitates meetings with the other ministries and the partners, and activities take place with a view to discussing the transition and measuring the acceleration. The House of Representatives also receives progress reports.
For the interrelation between the policies of the various Dutch ministries, consult this link.