Who is Young TPI?
We are Young TPI, a group of enthusiastic and motivated young professionals, PhDs and students with different study and career backgrounds. What connects us is our interest in the transition towards animal-free innovations and our ambition to contribute to the acceleration of the transition.
Are you interested and would you like to join us to help accelerate the transition towards animal-free innovations? Join our Young TPI network, if you are:
- younger than 35 years old;
- OR if you graduated (Bachelor/Master/PhD) less than eight years ago.
Register below! Membership is free of charge.
Why and how?
We think the transition to animal-free innovations is important and we believe that it lays in our generation to make the difference for the field. We can contribute to the acceleration by making fellow young people aware of the transition and the animal-free possibilities, by building a network where young people can share experiences and by spreading our fresh ideas about the transition. We make our voices heard within existing structures, but also search for new collaborations.
What does Young TPI do?
Our mission is to contribute to the acceleration of the transition to innovations without laboratory animals by providing open-minded input and raising awareness of animal-free options among young professionals, PhDs and students.
Young people have the opportunity to work animal-free from the start of their careers, so Young TPI wants to inform and involve them about those opportunities early on. We emanate an open-minded perspective on the transition and are able to place gaps or blind spots on the transition agenda.
We do this by:
- building a network based on a common goal, namely contributing to the acceleration of the transition;
- raising awareness and sharing knowledge about existing innovations;
- providing a space for sharing knowledge and experiences among people who are working with and/or are interested in working with animal-free innovations;
- helping with career development, e.g. by building connections with potential employers and developing professional skills;
- establishing a think tank to advise and communicate about animal-free innovations.
We organise activities at least twice a year. Keep an eye on the LinkedIn page of TPI and register with the form on this webpage for staying up to date with future dates and getting involved!
The board members are all working in the field of animal-free innovations or have an affinity with the transition. The board consists of:
- Victoria de Leeuw (chair)
- Fatima Zohra Abarkan (vice-chair)
- Rebecca van Eijden (vice-chair)
- Julia Menon (secretary)
- Marta G Valverde (treasurer)
- Nikolas Gaio (activities coordinator)
- Aarti Ramchandran (communications advisor)
Contact Young TPI
More information? Send us an email
View our LinkedIn Transitie Proefdiervrije Innovatie